Tuesday, July 30, 2019

What is it


Every crayon I ever used to color
Between the lines of a vague picture
Diminished by the day and duller
Every tint merging to a wondrous mixture
Doesn’t that tell you
That no matter how disparate the hues
Paint a wonderful picture when they accrue
Did the beauty lie within the eyes of the spectator?
Or the shades metamorphose my canvas that muted the denigrator?

Every ingredient I carefully choose
To add to the secret recipe, I conjure
Cinnamon, rosemary and thyme
Blending with the aroma, with the precision of a rongeur
Does the taste arrive with the pinch of lime
Or with my love does it ooze


Every thread of emotion that runs
Through my veins and blood
Ire, worriment, joy and melancholy have begun
To congregate a human of their own
Is my identity defined by each of these facets?
Or does my personality result in the union tacit?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ocean in a bowl

I have always pondered over aquariums. The transparent surface, the glossy exterior and the clear waters. The bottom is covered with a lay...