Friday, July 5, 2019

The window to the beyond


I’ve always wanted a room of my own.However small it was,a room was what I craved for .A tiny space I could call my own.My own niche.Fill it with my memories,both happiness and sadness .Thinhs that represented my life.A place I could unwind in,no questions asked.
Such was a place in the mind,but I could not make do with a mental image.
After a lot of persuasion,I got my haven.A small room.Just about enough for one person to sleep in.No shelves or anything.I was a little disappointed with that.Nevertheless it was my space.I could fill it with my personality quirks and let myself be.
The room was quite dark even in broad daylight.Tucked away in the corner of the house,it was bound to be.
My inquisitive eyes noticed a jammed window in the corner of ten room.
I pushed it with all my might,I wouldn’t budge.Probably jammed for years.I found an abandoned crow bar on the roof.I dragged it back slowly and gave it loud shove.The window opened with a creaky noise.It was an exciting day.such are my pleasures.the speck of sunlight in my dark room lit me up.I pushed it harder letting the stream of warmth flow into my paradise.what a feeling it was basking in the warmth.like a warm embrace.Like my life was all barren and someone extended some love.
My room was no longer the same.
I arranged for my cot to be moved to the window to see the sights outside.there was a friendly tree which swayed happily in the wind.Occasionqlly a flowe fell into my room instantly filled with its intoxicating scent.It was a trail to the outside world.
I gazed outside wondering what it was that kept people going in their lives.i saw children scuttling to school,women haggling with vegetable vendors,hawkers peddling goods.Men were like bees always busy on buses ,polishing shoes,typing on their phones.
Life was moving ahead at an alarming rate.i had my tree,to fill my room with fragrance,an occasional fruit .Drops of rain that kept the room cool,to satisfy the parched soul.sparrows wandered in like this was their birthplace.i was most often than not woken up by the loud ruckus of birds inside my room.it was a feeling that left me spellbound.My monotonous life had a generous dollop of nature intermingled with it.Life moved ahead below my feet with or without my presence.
I sat gazing through my eye of the world through many lonely afternoons.i saw every emotion through it.i saw that up above none of those even half as much mattered to me.The embellishments,the trinkets.I was happy with a sun kissed room,a singing alarm,the heady aroma of the blooms and an occasional sweet sour fruit.
I could witness the fulfilment.the pang of despair didn’t affect me.My world was small,but made me happy.Appreciate little things.It was probably a speck in this giant universe.But my space was my world and I ruled it.Rather married nature and let it take over.
Is this what God feels like?When he watches us through his window up above the sky?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ocean in a bowl

I have always pondered over aquariums. The transparent surface, the glossy exterior and the clear waters. The bottom is covered with a lay...