Friday, July 5, 2019

To each to her own world



What defines our personality, or the biggest question to ask is what is a personality really?
Why do we need it?
My world has always been confined to the limitless boundary of imagination. If my world was a nutshell, the imagination is the space.
A demure lass lost in the web of thoughts.
One bright sunny morning, I passed through a rice field. The air was crisp and fresh, filled with the tore of dawn.
The chirping of birds brought music to my ears, my tone deaf self was drowned in the din.
Patches of clouds set across the azure sky with a gentle zephyr brought me to a tiny patch of heaven.





Flocks of egrets rested on a rough patch of land.
The fluff of air gently ruffled them and there it was an explosion of white set against the tranquil sky.
The sight left me spellbound.
A sight so common to everyday life in the village was missing the equation of my metropolitan lifestyle.




The wave of emotions I was riding on was not merely a natural spectacle of nature.It is what it triggered from within.
The smoke,the heat, and traffic had been ingrained into my life.
A life apart from that when it existed inundated my feelings.
An old unused well was positioned in the corner of the field.
I had to peer into it to understand what it contained.
It was an excitement that I could not paint a picture of.
The depth of a well reminded me of the depth of life.
The darkness it enclosed symbolized just enough light to see the water, dark enough to imagine that the world ended outside on the boundary of the well.
Isn’t it what is confined to?
A common sight was like a miracle. What was I really after in the city?
What was I running after that didn’t guarantee even half this happiness?
All morning I remained stuck in traffic, cursed the weather,ever-rising prices, water and everything else that I could not name.
My money is spent on rent and everything I deemed essential for my existence.
All my ornate embellishments did not fit into the puzzle of happiness.
Was it like a piece of extra luggage on a flight that I had to pay for because I stressed on its importance by far too much that I could not afford to leave it behind?
The money I earned was not giving me health insurance, did not emphasize on the importance of being fit.
It allowed to buy a pollution mask, but no clean air.
Strange ironies of life that I’m faced with.
I needed fluent language for small talk in my everyday life.
While I needed to be so equipped to live a monotonous life, all I had to do was let go with nature.
I deserved to be shy and lost in my thoughts with nature.
All I needed was clean air, stretches of green fields, azure skies bound by no limits.
My world ends there with vast space ness of vivid colors, splashes of darkness, the ripples of water are enough to leave me spellbound.
In a nutshell, my space was confined to space it enclosed. A speck of dust in the magnanimity of the universe. That time and space define my lifeline.No amount of money would buy that speck. A puff of air would displace it.
If I were to say hello, would you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ocean in a bowl

I have always pondered over aquariums. The transparent surface, the glossy exterior and the clear waters. The bottom is covered with a lay...