Friday, July 5, 2019

Self at sea


I wandered all day at sea

Watching the turquoise waves strike the coral reefs

My mind and my soul were at peace;I let it be

Blazing sunshine and a gentle breeze

What was I seeking on a lonely beach 

Pearl white sand dotted with tiny shells

Playful waves kissing the shore

With my hair and mind out to seek something

Was it love that I was after

Or a void that I was trying to fill

Was it the seamless union of the sky and the sea I sought

Painting a picture of the perfect pose?

The sea was deep so was my pause

Was there an answer that the sea didn’t know

Whatever it was, I wasn’t letting go

Dawn ripened to dusk, skies golden

A palette of colours burst through the clouds.

Strolling along the shore, I reflected

On what I was after

The water trembled in gentle quivers

Dazzling like tiny diamonds on the cobalt surface

I saw my answer,

Ruffled hair and confused eyes staring back at me

Against the tangerine skies on that blissful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ocean in a bowl

I have always pondered over aquariums. The transparent surface, the glossy exterior and the clear waters. The bottom is covered with a lay...