Friday, July 19, 2019

Few words, many thoughts

I have always wanted to try expressing my thoughts in as few words as possible. Here in this post, I have written stories in as little words as possible

1. I applied a thick coat of lipstick on my bee-stung lips, adjusted my saree across the waist, tugging it along all corners so that it stayed put. I gave a defeated sigh. All this was going to be pulled down by a groping stranger in exchange for what put food on my table.

2. She loved orchids. She gasped in admiration every time she saw a bunch of orchids at the florist.
I never paid heed to her repeated asking. I do now. I place them on her grave every day.

3. All she asked for was a child to play with. She got a bastard.

4."I love your smile", I said while clicking her picture. She did not know what her smile looked like.

5. Ï wish I could see you laugh like this forever" he said. That was the last photo of her on his phone.

6."I always wanted to ride in 4 wheeler", she said to him. Abject poverty ensured that they did for her last rites.

7. She put on her husband's shoes and said, "From now on, I'm both your father and mother".

8. The watch read 8pm. I didn't want to adjust it to the correct time. 8pm was the time until which he was with me.

9. I sang to her the most romantic songs. She smiled in response, not knowing what music sounded like.

10. I broke drown and wrote an emotional letter to my mother about my failures. She kept it aside and hugged me tightly.

11. I posed gracefully for photographs for tourists. My life was sealed in that envelope.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ocean in a bowl

I have always pondered over aquariums. The transparent surface, the glossy exterior and the clear waters. The bottom is covered with a lay...